[Phpmyadmin-devel] we should have an eye on Drizzle

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Wed Jul 23 15:53:27 CEST 2008

Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
> https://launchpad.net/drizzle
>
> a MySQL forge with concentrating on Web

You mean a "fork". Yes we should have an eye on it.

I am thinking of two possibilities:

1. After they have a running "refactored" server which works better than
MySQL for simple operations, MySQL/Sun uses it and adds in a modular way
other missing features to replace MySQL.

2. Drizzle has a life of its own, in which case they will surely need a
web interface. phpDrizAdmin?

Note also that Brian says there is an open debate about the SHOW command
belonging to the server or not. If this command disappears, we would
have much work to do in our code to adapt to Drizzle.

Marc