[Phpmyadmin-devel] roadmap to 3.0

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Jul 31 15:08:34 CEST 2008

Marc Delisle a écrit :
> Michal Čihař a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:28:45 -0400
>> Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> The current state of 3.0 is quite encouraging. I suggest a round of
>>> testing this summer, followed by -alpha early August, -beta in late
>>> August, -rc1 in mid-September ... and we'll see depending on the feedback.
>> I don't remember exact time frame for GSoC, but the last beta should
>> be IMHO after both GSoC things are done and merged.
>
> Why? We can schedule a new feature for 3.1, for example. In fact I would
> prefer to schedule the GSoC features for 3.1, because "we" have enough
> testing to do on the current 3.0-dev this summer.
>
> Marc

Just to recap and to get more feedback: I think that the last bunch of
new code that should be merged for 3.0 is the update for Swekey auth,
which is due in a few days.

Then we can
- declare a feature freeze
- open QA_3.0
- ask translators for updates
- switch trunk to 3.1

As I said I prefer to merge Google Summer of Code features (BLOB
streaming and the new setup code) in 3.1.

Marc