[Phpmyadmin-devel] roadmap to 3.0

Thijs Kinkhorst thijs at debian.org
Tue Jun 10 23:26:53 CEST 2008

Hi Marc,

On Friday 6 June 2008 18:28, Marc Delisle wrote:
> The current state of 3.0 is quite encouraging. I suggest a round of
> testing this summer, followed by -alpha early August, -beta in late
> August, -rc1 in mid-September ... and we'll see depending on the feedback.

From a distributor's point of view the following.

If the final 3.0 will be released after September we probably won't be able to 
ship it in the next Debian stable. That is not a problem in and of itself, 
however, it means that we need to security support the 2.11 branch for at 
least the period until the next stable release comes out + 1 year. That is 
our responsibility, but I was wondering whether you as upstream authors would 
be willing to provide some kind of security-only support for the 2.11 branch 
for some time period.

It might influence the decision on which version we would include in the next 
stable release.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 481 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.phpmyadmin.net/pipermail/developers/attachments/20080610/31503863/attachment.sig>

More information about the Developers mailing list