[Phpmyadmin-devel] Auto Complete for sql window

Thomas Bley thbley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 19:28:23 CET 2008

Hello,

most database tools offer auto-completion for writing SQL queries (e.g.
pgAdmin3, pl/sql developer).
I think it would be great to have this feature in phpMyAdmin.
I've written a small demo to offer sql auto completion for a normal
textarea (tested with MySQL5 and Firefox2).
In this first draft, auto-complete is done for databases, tables and
columns. The user types some sql in the textarea and the selectbox on
the right side gets filled automatically. When typing in the textarea,
some keys are bound to the selectbox (cursor up, cursor down, escape and
enter), so the user can directly insert values from the selectbox to the
textarea.

What do you think about it? Would you like to add it to one of the next
releases?

Best regards,
Thomas Bley