[Phpmyadmin-devel] bug 2107583

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Wed Oct 15 19:08:10 CEST 2008

Isart Montane a écrit :
> hi all,
>
> this is my first email and I'm trying to solve my first bug... so any
> help would be appreciate :)
>
> As marc suggested I'm trying to solve this bug
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&aid=2107583&group_id=23067&atid=377408
>
> I think i've found a way to solve it but I'm not really happy with the solution.
>
> The main problem with this bug is when you write this 2 html the
> submited value is the same (and it shouldn't)
> code 1:
> <textarea>hi</textarea>
> Code 2 (see the \n before 'hi'):
> <textarea>
> hi</textarea>
>
> I can't understand why the textarea tag ignores the first \n (or \r).
> The easiest way to solve it (but I don't like it) is add an extra \n
> just before the text like this
> Code 3 (see the \n\n before 'hi'):
> <textarea>
>
> hi</textarea>
> As this line is ignored all the times it should work (I don't know if
> all the browsers ignores this \n...)
>
> do you have any better ideas?
> Attached you can see a php example to reproduce the bug.

Hi Isart,

Remember that in HTML, ­\n means nothing. What you need is to generate a
line break like this: <br />.

Look at the source HTML of the page when you browse this table, you'll
see <br />OK

but when editing the row, the <br /> is not generated, causing the problem.

When browsing, sql.php is called. When editing, tbl_change.php is called.

Note: to see the problem when editing, in config.inc.php you'll need this:
$cfg['CharEditing']           = 'textarea';

Marc