[Phpmyadmin-devel] Editing connection information

bigJME big_jamie_heath at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 22:51:23 CEST 2009

ok so in the file config.inc.php you are able to change the username and
password in which phpmyadmin will connect via, in this file the following 2
lines control the username and password

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

this i can change by opening the file and changing username and password
however i do not want to have to do that for all my user accounts if i allow
someone else to connect to my server, therefore i wish to include a php
$_GET script into the config file

i was wanting it to run something like this

you enter the web address e.g.

http://localhost/phpmyadmin/?user=test&password=test2

and then the config file should get the username and password posted in the
url. is there any way of setting this up?

p.s. in the example above phpmyadmin should try and connect using the
username of "test" and a password of "test2"