[Phpmyadmin-devel] Git anyone?

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri Aug 21 20:16:59 CEST 2009

Hi

Dne Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:32:05 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> > What I really hate in last days is that just svn update of my
> > phpmyadmin tree takes several minutes. Having fast computer and fast
> > internet access, such operation should be fast as well.
>
> My working copy does not contain the full tree, it only has some parts
> that I find useful; for me, svn update takes a few seconds. OK I'm in
> Canada but what about svn update times for other Europe-based developers?

Well I used to have also parts, but needing QA branches time to time,
now the gsoc branches, documentation, website ... I basically have full
copy.

Anyway right now it takes about 20 seconds to do svn update on up to
date tree. This afternoon it was 3 minutes. It just depends how heavy
loaded the server is. And it looks to me like it is usually heavy
loaded in times when I work ;-).

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.cz