[Phpmyadmin-devel] about ShowServerInfo

Herman van Rink rink at initfour.nl
Tue Dec 8 19:53:47 CET 2009

Marc Delisle wrote:
> Hi,
> in the doc we say:
> $cfg['ShowServerInfo'] boolean
>      Defines whether to display detailed server information on main
> page. (...)
>
> Currently, this parameter, when false, only hides the protocol version,
> the logged-in user and the server's full name (next to the verbose name).
>
> It's true that this parameter is poorly named (it should have been
> ShowDetailedMySQLInfo). We got a request to remove all web server info
> and MySQL server info from the main page when this parameter is set to
> false. I think this would be appropriate.
>
> Comments?

I can imagine that some people would rather obscure these facts from view.
So yes, lets make ShowServerInfo realy mean all that server info.

In that same reasoning maybe we should also offer an option to not
display the phpMyAdmin version.

One tricky sidenote: The export function also output's version
information...

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,

Herman van Rink