[Phpmyadmin-devel] about tracking of deleted tables and db

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Dec 27 13:53:25 CET 2009

Herman van Rink a écrit :
> Marc Delisle wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Tracking provides historic information about the changes of a table, but
>> should this history persist whenever this table is deleted?
>>
> I guess the history could be purged on a delete of the table.
> In cases where you delete a whole table to recreate it from an export
> file the tracked changed would probably become inconsistent anyway...

I agree with this. I saw no purging mechanism in the current GSoC code
for this feature. I think it would be more prudent to offer a manual way
to purge tracking info, instead of auto-purging on table deletion.
Anyway, table deletion may occur outside of phpMyAdmin.

On db deletion, it might be more complex to handle, however.