[Phpmyadmin-devel] Question About Zahra Naeem's syncronization GUI

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 05:44:02 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

I recently read the post
http://trackingchangesphp.blogspot.com/2009/07/fine-tunings-in-gui-2.html
about recent updates to the synchronization and have some feedback if
it's okay.

If I correctly understand the posting, the "Apply difference" button
will only synchronize the selected options whereas "Synchronize
Databases" instead will synchronize everything regardless of which
checkboxes are selected. So hitting "Select All" then "Apply
difference" would have the same effect as "Synchronize Databases",
right?

If this is the case, I don't really see the point to having two
buttons; I imagine this will only confuse the user. IMHO having the
"Select All" link is sufficient and then extra "Synchronize Databases"
button is redundant.

I'm just suggesting...I realize it's a work-in-progress but just
thought I'd share my thoughts.

Regards,
~isaac