[Phpmyadmin-devel] For the Midterm Evaluation - All My Code to Date

Derek Schaefer derek.schaefer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 17:41:57 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Michal Čihař<michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Quick review:
>
> - Please stick with unix end of lines (libraries/import/ods.php)

Certainly. I realized right after I submitted it that the file was
still in DOS format, so the problem is now corrected.

> - Please avoid unrelated changes (eg. whitespace), feel free to submit
> them separately.

Sure. I'll admit sometimes I can get a little OCD with code formatting.

> - Was it really necessary to expand OpenDocumentNS?

To the extent that I did? Probably not. I can scale it back if you
think it's appropriate.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Michal Čihař<michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dne Thu, 9 Jul 2009 13:42:06 -0500
> Derek Schaefer <derek.schaefer at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
>> I present to you, all my code to date! If you are curious enough to
>> look over my code, please send me any suggestions that you may have.
>>
>>  - An SVN diff file created against revision 12637 on July 9th
>> (http://downloads.moonlapse.org/pma/midterm/pma_trunk.diff.zip)
>
> First usage comments:
>
> - Why does it create ODS_DB? It should rather use exiting one I think
>  (If I had selected one).

That was there for testing purposes. This is definitely something I
will be adding. There is still a lot of work to be done on the ODS
import plug-in.

> - It failed on quite simple spreadsheet
>  (created by phpMyAdmin) - http://tmp.cihar.com/City.ods

I looked at that ODS file, and I can tell it was exported with a
previous version of the ODS export module. It's failing because I made
some important changes to what was exported. Mainly, for each table
the maximal number of columns is included. In the case of the table
City:

Without those critical lines, my plug-in will fail.

I tried exporting City with my new version, and it imports quite smoothly.