[Phpmyadmin-devel] replication code - Mid Term Evaluation GSoC 2009

Tomas Srnka toms at linuxos.sk
Sat Jul 11 19:41:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

my first part, on which I was working during GSoC is progress bar in
import section. This was not originally part of my GSoC application, but
I have started working on it during community bonding period and my
mentor (Marc Delisle) allowed me to work on it.  The code is finished
and already merged into trunk. It works fine, if you find any problems
with the import, please let me know. If you want to try the progress
bar, you need to have apache + php running as mod_php + APC (with
RFC1867 enabled) or uploadprogress extension.

The second part is support for MySQL replication. The code brings new
tab "Replication", which is devided into two main sections - Master and
Slave replication. Master section - it can create my.cnf for you, add
replication user (the code is taken from server_privileges.php) or
display master status. Slave section allows you to configure (and later
change) user/password/host of master server, stop/start server and
display slave status. Also, I've added replication info into Databases
tab and into database overview.

I'm sending patch against trunk.

Any feedback or suggests are more than welcomed.

Best regards,

Tomas Srnka