[Phpmyadmin-devel] replication code - Mid Term Evaluation GSoC 2009

Herman van Rink rink at initfour.nl
Sun Jul 12 18:41:54 CEST 2009

Tomas Srnka wrote:
> The second part is support for MySQL replication. The code brings new
> tab "Replication", which is devided into two main sections - Master
> and Slave replication. Master section - it can create my.cnf for you,
> add replication user (the code is taken from server_privileges.php) or
> display master status. Slave section allows you to configure (and
> later change) user/password/host of master server, stop/start server
> and display slave status. Also, I've added replication info into
> Databases tab and into database overview.
>
> I'm sending patch against trunk.
>
> Any feedback or suggests are more than welcomed.
- server_databases.php contains a comment in a non-English language ....

- The following:
"Now, add following lines at the end of your my.cnf and please restart
the mysql server afterwards."
* Could be improved by a link to the mysql manual e.g.
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication.html, Chapter 16.
Replication)
* Could be broader... what if one of the config options is already
present in the user's config?

- The generated my.cnf code could benefit from a bit of indentation, and
perhaps a border/background color.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,

Herman van Rink