[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC student branches

Derek Schaefer derek.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 19:24:03 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Marc Delisle<marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
> Derek Schaefer a écrit :
>> Hey Marc,
>>
>> I believe that to be what I've done.
>>
>> - svn copy from trunk/phpMyAdmin to branches/gsoc/derek
>>
>> - then copy over working copy files
>>
>> Although, I just realized I forgot to re-"svn add" a couple of files.
>>
>> If I have misunderstood or done something wrong, please instruct me on
>> how to correctly go about it. I am not an experienced committer. =P It
>> may also encourage other students to get their own branches going, if
>> they are unsure of themselves as well.
>>
>> Thanks for the help Marc,
>>
>> -Derek
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Marc Delisle<marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>>> Hi Derek,
>>> creating your own branch means copying a complete branch (in our case
>>> the trunk/phpMyAdmin) to the branches/gsoc/derek structure, then copy
>>> over your files and commit.
>>>

> Sorry Derek, your branch is correct, as can be seen on
> http://phpmyadmin.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/phpmyadmin/branches/gsoc/derek/phpMyAdmin/
>
> It's just that I did not see a message about your copying action on the
> svn list (I think usually there are such messages).

Ok, good to know. It didn't show the copying as it's own entry because
I did both actions under one commit, which was probably bad svn
etiquette. I'll keep that in mind.

Also, is there anything I need to do to make my demo instance utilize
new revisions of my branch (or in this case, begin utilizing it at
all), or is it completely out of my hands? I'm assuming it's the
latter.

-Derek