[Phpmyadmin-devel] Problem regarding Foreign Key.

Zahra Naeem xara.fast at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 14:01:09 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I tried to make a column in the table 'student_course'  foreign key using
the query

"ALTER TABLE student_course ADD FOREIGN KEY (Course_Id) REFERENCES
course(Id)";

I also got the success message that the query has been executed
successfully.

But when I  tried the query "SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM db_name LIKE
'student_course' ;"
to get foreign key information from the comments, the comments were empty.

I also used the function in libraries/relation.lib.php  PMA_getForeigners()
but the result is empty.

I think the foreign key is not being created properly so tell me the correct
syntax for creating the foreign key.

I need help  ASAP.

Regard,
Zahra.