[Phpmyadmin-devel] ideas / concerns / problems [about|with] user settings feature

Zeeshan M. zeeshan.jp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 09:24:25 CEST 2009

Hi,

I uploaded a revision for patch #
<goog_1248753684487>2825187<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=23067&atid=377410&file_id=336915&aid=2825187>at
sourceforge.net.

This revision can update, and read the value of PropertiesIconic setting.  I
see there is a minor bug when it is set to disabled, as icons also appear
along with the text.  I will look into it tomorrow, but I don't think it
should be hard to debug.  I believe since I have a model set up to follow
for other settings things are going to be much better from now on.

There are a few drawbacks in the form procession script that I need to
consider in the future release.

   - I need to implement pma native error handler.
   - Use PMA_query_as_controluser() for querying database.  I read your
   e-mail Marc, I will check up with the documents.  (Thanks!)

Also, I was wondering what are your thoughts about test cases for the
following settings:

   - Maximum Table List has to be > 0
   - Login Cookie Validity has to be > 0
   - Maximum Database List has to be > 0
   - Properties Number Columns has to be > 0
   - Foreign Key Maximum Limit has to be > 0
   - Navigation Width has to be > 0

Of course, all of them also have to be numeric.

Please provide your generous feedback!

Thank you!

Best regards,
Zeeshan Mughal