[Phpmyadmin-devel] slave replication, load data from master

Tomas Srnka toms at linuxos.sk
Wed Jul 29 14:19:51 CEST 2009

If I use code from db_operations, I will have to adjust the code from
db_operations (which should not be difficult), but I will also have to
modify PMA_Table::moveCopy a lot, because they are using methods of
$GLOBALS['pma']. What is good about PMA_Table::moveCopy is that it will
also copy views, however it won't copy triggers for me.

That's why, I'm still playing with idea of using Zahraa's code for
synchronization databases - the code is already prepared for multiple
servers and I think it will provide what I need - simple copy structure
and/or data from one server to another. Unfortunately, the last code
from Zahraa, which I found is from midterm. Zahraa - could you please
update your SVN repositary?

Modifying existing code will allow me to use a bit more complex copy
tool, but I'm not really sure, if it is possible to modify the code in a
way, that it can work with external/another mysql server. In all cases,
the best way to copy data from master to slave would be by using
mysqldump command.

Any suggestions about loading data from master to slave before
replication is started are more than welcomed.

Thank you.

Best Regads,

Tomas