[Phpmyadmin-devel] SQL driver class?

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Jun 5 01:28:53 CEST 2009

Zeeshan blogged:
http://zixan.info/2009/06/04/gsoc-week-two-progress/

Hi Zeeshan,
please give more details about this. In phpMyAdmin we already have
middleware for SQL access: the PMA_DBI_xxx() functions. Look for example
in tbl_replace.php, we are using PMA_DBI_select_db(), PMA_DBI_query(), etc.

If you are writing a library to duplicate the work of these functions, I
consider it a loss of time. The PMA_DBI_xxx() functions support the
mysql and mysqli extensions already.

You can consult libraries/relation.lib.php for some functions that are
already reading and writing in some tables of the pmadb.

Regards,
Marc