[Phpmyadmin-devel] fckeditor support for TEXT fields

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Jun 5 11:42:16 CEST 2009

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Dne Wed, 03 Jun 2009 16:38:20 +0200
> Michael Keck <sfnet at michaelkeck.de> napsal(a):
>
>> I've made an integration of TinyMCE since Version 2.9.x month ago.
>> Here you can see the demo:
>> http://www.michaelkeck.de/projects/pma/demo/
>
> Hmm, this way it looks good! I was just thinking about replacing
> textarea, what is something I did not like.

Indeed it looks good, plus it integrates nicely with the general way we
offer special editing for fields like dates and foreign keys (when there
any too many foreign values).

Michael, can you share again the link to the zip file containing this
integration? I volunteer to merge this into trunk.

Michal, I'm not against offering more features like you wrote:
1. input
2. textarea
3. wysiwig
4. textarea with deserialized data
5. textarea with hexadecimal data

but with Michael's proposal, I don't think we would need 1, 2 and 3.
About 4 and 5, maybe show more option icons next to the textarea? This
way we remove the burden of configuration and give back the power to
users in the interface.

Marc