[Phpmyadmin-devel] Using gettext?

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Jun 11 09:20:41 CEST 2009

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Dne Tue, 09 Jun 2009 08:38:22 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> Would this have an impact on performance, for example?
>
> Nothing measurable as far as I know.
>
>> And what about
>> you wrote previously:
>> ----------
>> [*] I'd really prefer to migrate to gettext based solution for
>> phpMyAdmin, but this seems unlikely, mostly because gettext as
>> integrated in PHP is quite painful. Once you load translation, it is
>> kept opened and any changes in the file lead to segfault and any
>> replacing of the file is deleted. So the only way to make it see
>> updated translation is to restart PHP (or Apache if you use mod_php).
>
> Yes, that's why I do not propose to use gettext extension in PHP.

I feel that this was discussed before, but anyway... can you give an
example of what would happen with code like this:

zero_rows=<?php echo urlencode(sprintf($strFieldHasBeenDropped,
htmlspecialchars($row['Field']))); ?>"

Also, I guess that there would no longer be source message files in the
download kit?

Marc