[Phpmyadmin-devel] phpmyadmin appliance

Jordi Massaguer Pla jordimassaguerpla at yahoo.es
Thu Mar 19 12:22:34 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 13:33 +0100, Michal Čihař wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dne Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:52:43 +0000 (GMT)
> Jordi Massaguer <jordimassaguerpla at yahoo.es> napsal(a):
>
> > I presented a phpmyadmin appliance on latest FOSDEM conference I would like to know your opinion. This appliance has been done at the SUSE Studio team at Novell and we'll be very happy to get your feedback on it.
> >
> > http://jordimassaguerpla.blogspot.com/2009/02/phpmyadmin-appliance.html
>
> You mention no security what somewhat scares me. Also is there some
> list of changes you made in this appliance?

No secure means no specific firewall or specific apache configuration
than the default one.

What will you like to see in this appliance so we can say it is
safe/secure? We could write a firstboot module and ask for the stuff you
want, like firewall rules or apache conf, or phpmyadmin users, or mysql
users... could you make a list of this?

The appliance is just a mysql (no root password) and apache with the
phpmyadmin php pages.