[Phpmyadmin-devel] import section - file upload progress bar

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Mon May 25 19:15:53 CEST 2009

Tomas Srnka a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have working scripts for upload progress bar, which supports APC and
> uploadprogress extensions. However, it is possible to obtain information
> about upload only when PHP is running as module for apache. I did not
> find solution for lighttpd (lighttpd 1.5 will support APC) or IIS (APC
> is unstable with combination of PHP+IIS). Therefore, the feature will be
> available to very limited group of people.
>
> I think, it would be nice to provide the progress bar, when it is
> possible. Otherwise, it would display something like "Upload in
> progress, no further information available". What do you think about it?
>
> Working copy of my scripts can be downloaded from
> http://dev.srnka.info/TEMP/file-upload.zip .
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Tomas Srnka

Hello Tomas,

I'll try your scripts ASAP. To answer your questions, I think that it's
OK to show this progress bar if the server meets the requirements. If
not, I agree with your suggestion of displaying a message; also we could
show a link to Documentation.html where we can explain what their server
is missing (we already have some conditional requirements at the top of
the file, for example the one about GD2).