[Phpmyadmin-devel] gsoc branch

Herman van Rink rink at initfour.nl
Wed Nov 11 10:39:23 CET 2009

Marc Delisle wrote:
> Michal Čihař a écrit :
>
>> Dne Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:27:15 -0500
>> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>>

>>> Less space used on developers' workstations. I have tried to check out
>>> only selective portions of /branches but at some point I have problems
>>> and still have to check out the whole /branches.
>>>
>> Yes, svn sucks on this. I have been able to do selective checkout in
>> past, but it was gradually converted to full checkout.
>>
>> Well I really do not care that it eats 3 GB of my diskspace, but I hate
>> how slow it is...

The space no problem for me as well. As for the speed of updating, I
usually update only in the trunk/phpMyAdmin or branch that I'll be
working on. Still slow, but that's just source forge.

> At least I don't have to checkout /tags !  Do you?

No.
I have a full checkout of trunk and branches, and only a partial of tags.
Therefore keeping the branches clean is very welcome. The whole gsoc
branches folder could be moved to tags/gsoc2009 i guess.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,

Herman van Rink
Initfour websolutions