[Phpmyadmin-devel] Replication support & code style

Herman van Rink rink at initfour.nl
Fri Oct 16 15:33:50 CEST 2009

toms at linuxos.sk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your feedback and HTML validity corrections!
>
> At first, I will look at the points and try to correct the problem with
> replication user.
>
> Could you please provide some further feedback about testing the code?
> I've been testing the code on a group of fresh installations of MySQL
> sandbox and on one real master-master replication environment.

The trick to testing this sort of thing is to define multiple scenarios,
you could also call them use-cases.
In these you lay-out steps that a user would need to accomplish a
particular task

E.g.:
* two clean databases, replicate all
* master with data, clean slave, replicate all
* master  and slave with data, replicate some
* Existing replication setup where one of the servers changes

Of cause it's always a good idea to think of mistake that a user could
make, to see is there is sufficient warning or error handling.

Ideally you could implement such scenarios in a unit test, but the most
important is that you think of several and walk through these.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,

Herman van Rink
Initfour websolutions