[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2010 proposal - User Preferences

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 17:28:50 CEST 2010

2010/4/2 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>:
> Hi
>
> Dne Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:15:07 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> Piotr Przybylski a écrit :
>> > Proposal submitted to GSoC.
>> >
>> > If you have any ideas about new options for customization, please
>> > share them on this group. All input is valuable.
>> >
>> Hi Piotr,
>> I was wondering if "only_db" and "hide_db" should be in user prefs. On a
>> multi-user installation I suspect that these values are not really there
>> for security purpose. If they are, well the admin could lock them out of
>> the user prefs, but normally these should be settable per user (and per
>> server?)
>>
>> I would add also MaxDbList and MaxTableList (with maybe a max max :) ).
>
> Well I have also some comments on list of variables to configure, but
> this is really a detail that can be finalized later.

Yes, my current list is by no means complete, I will have to look
thoroughly at possible options. For now I am more interested in
additional features (i.e. new config options) and suggestions on the
script functionality.

I want to gather some information now, because when GSoC coding begins
there will be less people looking at this group. I do not have high
hopes, but there is always a chance for useful input :)

--
Piotr Przybylski