[Phpmyadmin-devel] The format of the new documentation.

Raj Shekhar rajlist at rajshekhar.net
Tue Apr 6 21:01:54 CEST 2010

In infinite wisdom Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Yes, but this will be difficult to determine. Lots of users are running
> "historical" servers. We can probably remove some entries but remember
> that in old forum posts we referred to FAQ # and people are still
> finding those posts.

One way to maintain the old urls would be start versioning the new
documentation.  Thus, the 3.x release of phpmyadmin would have its
documentation living at http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/3/ or
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/faq/3/en/ or
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/changelog/3/en/.  The mysql documentation has
been written this way -
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/index.html.  Apache documentation
uses similar url schema - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ or
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/

A good reference on (somewhat) related topic is w3.orgs "Cool URIs don't
change" <http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI>.
--
Raj Shekhar
-