[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC new idea proposal

Tiziano Santoro tiziano88 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:41:15 CEST 2010

Hi everybody,

I'd like to propose some new features that could be implemented in the
tool during this summer GSoC. My idea is to come up with something
vaguely similar to the well known cakephp, but extremely simplified.
Let's say we have a small company willing to quickly organize a
meeting with some sort of planning done on a database (either
existing, or created ad hoc). Maybe it could be useful from the pma
tool to be able to generate a simple yet effective interface for the
database so that different users can have the permission to edit, add
and delete the data (selectively), allowing also for multi-user
concurrent editing. This in part overlaps with my other proposal, of
adding AJAX support with in-line and concurrent editing to the tool,
so maybe I could work with another person in this project to come up
with something good.
Please let me have some quick feedback about this, so I can submit my
formal proposal :)
Thank you
Tiziano Santoro

--
In God we Trust
(All others must submit an X.509 certificate.)