[Phpmyadmin-devel] Bug #2983056 patch proposal

Edouard SWIAC edouard.swiac at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 21:33:50 CEST 2010

Hi,

Bug is : https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2983056&group_id=23067&atid=377408

At first I didn't achieve to reproduce the situation, no warning appeared even with error handler activated. Then, after switching from PHP 5.2 to PHP 5.3, the warning appeared, so it's a PHP 5.3 bug only. I think the PMA demo server is running PHP 5.3.

This not the best fix, though. It would be better to fix the sysvar type at the source in StorageEngine::getVariablesStatus() I think.
But when fetching results from the "SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES" query (line 232), which returns only sysvar names and values, a type is assigned only if the sysvar hasn't one (line #247) and set to PMA_ENGINE_DETAILS_TYPE_PLAINTEXT (0).
Elsewhere in the method, even in the whole file, I don't see where a type assignation is done. And it has to be done somewhere since a sysvar that emits the warning is set to ON and has a PMA_ENGINE_DETAILS_TYPE_NUMERIC (2) type, which is incorrect and should be PMA_ENGINE_DETAILS_TYPE_BOOLEAN (3).

Maybe PMA guys can highlight me on that =)

Thanks
Edouard