[Phpmyadmin-devel] User reviews at Sourceforge

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 21:39:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

I see that we've gotten quite a number of positive reviews in the
relatively new voting feature at Sourceforge[1]. I was looking over the
"Thumbs Down" votes to see what the user complaints are an a vast
majority of them relate to the poor download process provided by SF.
Mirrors not working or being outdated, long delays redirecting to a
mirror, broken links, etc -- is there any way we can improve this
process? Some projects provide a direct link to one of the mirrors as a
second option to the normal download link, though I don't know if SF
allows that in this case. Perhaps Sourceforge needs to be notified of
the problems people are encountering and nagged until it's fixed. I
don't know what's best, I'm just asking.

But really, the percentage of happy users is extremely high, kudos to
the team!

~isaac

1 -- https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/reviews/