[Phpmyadmin-devel] jQuery UI components

Philip Frank ich at philipfrank.de
Sun Apr 11 14:28:52 CEST 2010

2010/4/11 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Philip Frank a écrit :
>> 2010/4/11 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
>>> Hi,
>>> when I selected the components I needed from jQuery UI, it produced a 14
>>> KB file (minified) which is now in js/jquery. But as we will need more
>>> components, should we just produce one which contains all components?
>>> Its minified version is 211 KB but it would be cached by browsers.
>>>
>>> There is also the issue of localization but I had a look and only the
>>> datepicker is localized.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Marc Delisle
>>> http://infomarc.info
>>
>> Please keep in mind that debugging js is alot easier if the libraries
>> are available in uncompressed form.
>>
>> Philip
>
> Hi Philip,
> please enlighten me. Do you mean we have to debug these libraries, or
> that it's useful to have them in uncompressed form when calling them
> from our own scripts?

Hi Marc,

no, usually you don't have to debug into jQuery code, but it can be
enlightening to jump into it and see what's actually going on in case
something does not behave how you expect it. Also, with the event
handling, you sometimes have to jump through the libraries code to see
what actually triggered the event.

Philip