[Phpmyadmin-devel] using $() or jQuery() ?

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 20:23:25 CEST 2010

2010/4/11 Marc Delisle :
> Edouard SWIAC a écrit :
>>
>> My voice doesn't count a lot for now, but my opinion would be for $().
>> It's not like you change your Javascript framework every month, and
>> JQuery is self-sufficient and very-complete (plugins, functions) so I
>> don't see a reason for cumulating different frameworks.
>
> Hi Edouard,
> every voice counts :)

I'm undecided on the matter, because I don't know enough about
Javascript frameworks and their implementation.
But I read some good arguments to go for $() :
- - only one framework is (or will be) used (i.e. JQuery) within PMA, so
there is no reason for confusion
- - it's a common practice to use $().

My 2 cents.

Greets,