[Phpmyadmin-devel] using $() or jQuery() ?

sutharshan balachandren sutharshan02 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 05:37:28 CEST 2010

HI,
I'm just a new comer to this mail list. Until now i have used $() notation
throughout my programs using jQuery. One of the reason for that is, the
jQuery plugins for the web editors uses $() notation(Dream weaver) in the
codes and therefore its better for me to use the same notation as well.
thank you.

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Edouard SWIAC <edouard.swiac at gmail.com>wrote:

> Le 11 avr. 2010 à 20:23, Dieter Adriaenssens a écrit :

> >> Hi Edouard,
> >> every voice counts :)
> >
> > I'm undecided on the matter, because I don't know enough about
> > Javascript frameworks and their implementation.
> > But I read some good arguments to go for $() :
> > - - only one framework is (or will be) used (i.e. JQuery) within PMA, so
> > there is no reason for confusion
> > - - it's a common practice to use $().
> >
> > My 2 cents.
> >
> > Greets,
> >
> > Dieter
>
> I know that Prototype and JQuery share the $() notation (had the chance of
> doing a migration from Prototype to JQuery and well, it hurts).
> I have a good insight of YUI, and YUI doesn't use (natively) this notation.
> It's all I know, so I add my 2 cents to yours ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Edouard

with love

Sutharshan