[Phpmyadmin-devel] 1295022 - Privileges for non superuser

Aaron Maturen atmature at svsu.edu
Wed Apr 14 10:51:57 CEST 2010

I was working on this patch and I got the tab to display for the server based on the results of 'SHOW GRANTS', but the query to get the list of users fails unless the user has SELECT on `mysql`.user which seems to be how the superuser flag is set.

I haven't found a way to load the grants of a given user without the `mysql`.user table. Is the proposal to be able to change the settings for an user that an administrator types in the name of? If thats the case there isn't a way to auto-check the privilege boxes for an user, so an administrator would be going in blind.

I guess is my question is: is this patch doable? Is it supposed to be a textbox for a username and then all of the checkboxes to set grants, or should it be integrated with creating a new user.

Thank You,
Aaron T. Maturen