[Phpmyadmin-devel] Web site release link wrong

Philip Frank ich at philipfrank.de
Mon Apr 19 13:57:08 CEST 2010

2010/4/19 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>

> Hi
>
> Dne Mon, 19 Apr 2010 07:29:10 -0400
> Isaac Bennetch <bennetch at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
> > The irc user AlexC_ who I think is from the TangoCMS project just
> > informed me that the download link on the main phpmyadmin.net page
> > (right hand side, "Download 3.3.2") is incorrect. It links to the
> > release notes instead.
>
> Well it was the case all the time. Originally the link was just on
> version, which lead to release notes. The download links are the
> extensions bellow. If you have better idea how to organize quick
> downloads without cluttering the main page too much, I'm open to
> suggestions.

I don't know if that was always the case but the "Download 3.3.2" link leads
to a page that pops up a download window for the html release notes page (at
least for me on FF 3.6/Linux). Maybe there is something wrong with
sourceforge, I guess the release notes should be displayed rather than
offered to download.

As for the links for the different compression formats, it seems like most
people want the zip with all languages, so maybe that should be the one you
get when you click on "Download 3.3.2". You could change the second line to
have a link to the files page on SF and one to the release notes.