[Phpmyadmin-devel] Visual Query builder

Michael Keck sfnet at michaelkeck.de
Thu Apr 29 09:35:30 CEST 2010

Hi Ankit,

Am 29.04.2010 06:27, schrieb ANKIT GUPTA:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any documentation for the coding style/standards used for
> phpMyadmin,
> i want to get used to these standards.
> also if there  are other important points,things which i should know
> before starting code
> please do tell .
Coding Standards as described under
http://phpmyadmin.net/home_page/improve.php.

My additional wish:
Please comment your PHP Code and Javascript Code with standard doc-blocks:

    * for php with PHP-Doc
    * for Javascript with JS-Doc.

So it's possible to generate on the fly with some tools a documentation
from your
source code ;)

> i agree with marc,we should not keep visual query builder as a
> separate plugin and offer both as already installed.
> we can provide an option to users to switch between  db_qbe.php and
> visual query builder
> inside the "Query" tab.
Or would it be better: if Javascript and jQuery running using yours,
else using db_qbe.php?

> Yes i will be using JQuery,i was planning to use some features from
> the Designer part,
> for the styling use of standard styling will be better.
Okay, that's good.

Reagrds
Michael