[Phpmyadmin-devel] Inline editing and updated values

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 19:45:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

In the function that extracts the name of the field (getFieldName in
sql.js) from the table's header, I've put in an if condition that
checks if the current text direction is LTR or RTL.  I've tested the
function for English (LTR).  Could someone please confirm that it
works for an RTL language?  Here's what you could do to test it in
Firebug:

0. Open up http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/gsoc-ninadsp/ .
1. Go to any page that shows results from a table. (Browse or make an
SQL query on a table).
2. Browse the sql.js script in Firebug and set a breakpoint on line
31.  That is the line where the field_name variable is trimmed.
3. Click on the Inline Edit anchor, and check the value of field_name
at the breakpoint.  If it is the same as the field's name, and the
field has been truncated/transformed, the value of the field should be
retrieved correctly from the server and put in the <textarea> element.

Thanks a lot for the help!

P.S.:  As of revision 7acb4cb, a separate inline edit anchor is
appended to each row after the table is loaded if javascript is
enabled, so please do check the title text before clicking on the edit
anchors seen there before clicking.  Before the code is merged into
master, I'd prefer to use a different icon for inline edit, so that
this confusion does not happen.

--
Ninad S. Pundalik