[Phpmyadmin-devel] Security support for 2.11

Thijs Kinkhorst thijs at debian.org
Fri Aug 20 16:45:55 CEST 2010

On Fri, August 20, 2010 16:21, Marc Delisle wrote:
>> It might be actually longer because as Thijs mentioned, Debian will
>> need to support it a bit longer. As I'm both phpMyAdmin developer
>> and Debian package maintainer, it is probably easier for me to do the
>> work first in the git for 2.11 branch and then push it to Debian.
>>

> I did not believe we were tied by Debian needs...

Not "tied by", rather "can benefit from". Debian needs to support
phpMyAdmin 2.11 until at least the end of 2011, if not longer. So we're
doing the work anyway, you can incorporate it for free. Or in this case,
Michal just does the work in git directly and exports it too us. Of course
you can decide to declare 2.11 obsolete before that, it will mean that
Debian just does the same work but only within Debian. In any case there's
no tying going on :-)

Cheers,
Thijs