[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXification and edit privileges

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 15:44:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

I just tried using a POST Ajax request instead of the GET request that
currently retrieves the form for editing privileges.  It does show the
recently changed permissions correctly.

However, POST requests are meant to be used when we would like to
submit changes ([0]), while this is a query that just retrieves some
HTML.  So, if we use POST, we intend to change something in the
database, while we don't do that.  Hence, is the use of a random
number appended to the end of the GET query a more semantically
correct method?

--
[0] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_POST#Affecting_server_state