[Phpmyadmin-devel] XML support for exporting

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 22:41:33 CET 2010

2010/12/10 AAMIR KHAN <ak4u2009 at gmail.com>:
> I am looking forward to build patch for XML server export.
>
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Dne Thu, 9 Dec 2010 03:25:03 +0530
>> AAMIR KHAN <ak4u2009 at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>>
>> > There's option to export as XML in db_export.php while not in
>> > server_export.php in 3.4.0-aplha release...
>> > and this is same for previous stable releases too..
>> > Why it is like this? why whole server can't be exported as XML file?
>>
>> The reason being that the XML plugin does not support it, patches are
>> welcome to implement it (the schema should allow it).

Hi all,

I created a xml_export branch in the git repository, for working on
the xml export function.
I already added the patch of Aamir, which enables the export
'structure schema' option.

How to track the xml_export branch is explained here : [0]

When ready, it will be merged (as new feature) with the development
branch (probably 3.5-dev).

[0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Devel:Git#Working_with_branches

Greets,

Dieter