[Phpmyadmin-devel] question (newbie to www.phpmyadmin.net)

Paul Westmoreland paulwestmoreland1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 06:13:41 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm sorry to post such a basic question, but I hope one of you can help me
with something.

I have created a demo database at www.phpmyadmin.net. It has a database >
table > records etc and everything looks good on that end. I am running a
browser .pl script to read the database, from a different web
server/different url.

In my script, I am trying to log into the database to read it, and I keep
getting "Unknown MySQL server host" - but to me it looks like it should go
through.

The database host is:
my [dollar sign]dbhost = 'http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/trunk/index.php';

The database is:
my [dollar sign]dbname = '[my_database_name]';

The login is:
$dblogin= 'root';

Pass is:
my $dbpass = ''; (i leave this empty)

To me it looks like it should work, but it isn't and I keep getting the
error.

Can someone help me figure out what's wrong? If for some reason, the demo
site doesn't let me run scripts from an outside server to query a demo db,
then is there a place on the demo site where I can run the .pl script
against the db?

Thanks!