[Phpmyadmin-devel] Git is ready for testing

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Feb 16 17:29:04 CET 2010

Hi all

As promised on FOSDEM (though slightly later) I just pushed all our
history to the git repositories. Every existing top level directory got
a separate repository in Git (as I don't think it makes sense to mix
them together).

You can browse the repositories here:

http://phpmyadmin.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb-index.cgi

Some recommended documentation about git:

Git - SVN Crash Course
http://git-scm.com/course/svn.html
There is a short introduction on sourceforge website:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Git
Git tutorial:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html
Or just check http://git-scm.com/documentation for more details

There are also several free books available if you want to read more,
I'd recommend http://progit.org/

Feel free to play with that however you want (once we decide to
migrate finally, I will reimport current SVN). If you find any problem
with the repository or import, please let me know.

PS: Commit notifications are not there yet otherwise I'm not aware of
anything missing.