[Phpmyadmin-devel] Timezones warning

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Jan 13 10:43:04 CET 2010

Hi

I still get warning from phpMyAdmin about timezones:

Warning in ./libraries/common.inc.php#291
date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's
timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting
or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of
those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for
'CET/1.0/no DST' instead

Backtrace

./libraries/common.inc.php#291: date_default_timezone_get()
./main.php#13: require_once(./libraries/common.inc.php)

And I started to think if it would not be better to make timezone our
configuration (in config and in store it in cookie) with default to UTC
to get rid of this warning.

I know this can be fixed by changing php.ini, but there is lot of
people who can not do it.