[Phpmyadmin-devel] Broken po files in Ninad's tree

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 18:22:34 CEST 2010

Hi,
>> The root cause is that po files are quite often changing content and
>> doing changes in both gsoc branch and master will lead to conflicts. So
>> please follow instructions on wiki [1] and do not update po files in
>> your private branches, this will be done once the code is merged
Sorry I messed it up.  Had not seen the instruction about private branches.

> Michal,
> how should a student merge origin/master into his/her tree to keep up
> with the ongoing changes there?
+1 to that.  If I have to use the PMA_messages array to localise the
Ajax notifications and jQuery dialog buttons/titles, I would have to
add the strings to js/messages.php.  If I did not update the po files,
would the new strings still show up in the PMA_messages array?  If the
array doesn't contain the translated string, the browsers throw
exceptions and jQuery dialogs/notifications don't work, as we have an
out of bounds error on the array.

Ninad S. Pundalik