[Phpmyadmin-devel] Export tab (lirilee fork)

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 01:07:20 CEST 2010

2010/7/9 Lori Lee <leelorik at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 3:07 AM, Piotr Przybylski <piotr.prz at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Because Export forms are more or less finished, I wanted to share some
>> my thoughts on it.
>>
>> It takes up too much vertical space. How about displaying it in two
>> columns: Table(s) and Output in one, Format and Format-Specific
>> Options in the other? I would like to always have Table(s) and Output
>> shown, but form height right now annoys me more :)  Is there an option
>> in the $cfg array to have "Custom" checked by default? I would like to
>> see something like that:
>> $cfg['Export']['form_type'] = 'quick'; // custom, custom-no-form (like
>> custom but Export Method is never displayed)
>>
>> --
>> Piotr Przybylski
>
> Hi,
>
> Can you elaborate more on what exactly it is about the large height that
> bothers you?

Whan I select Custom I have to scroll two screens down to reach the
"Go" button, compared with half in current version. At least for me,
it makes everything look more complicated. On 1280x800 screen I have a
lot of free space on the right side of the screen. I think large
margins contribute to that even more.

> There is currently no option in the $cfg array to have it Custom by default
> but I can make one.

I would really appreciate if you could do it :)
Or at least always show Databases and Output. Tasks I do most often are:
- export a set of tables (not entire database) to a compressed file
- export one table as text

--
Piotr Przybylski