[Phpmyadmin-devel] Piotr's tree and sensible options

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed Jul 21 18:32:44 CEST 2010

Piotr Przybylski a écrit :
> 2010/7/21 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
>> Piotr Przybylski a écrit :

>>> I made it that way because I want to keep stored data at a minimum
>>> (only differences to defaults) and code straightforward (it's already
>>> complex enough), and adding a few options defaulting to false gives me
>>> a nice and simple switch to use. When detecting checkbox value I can
>>> only tell whether it is on, or off/not available.
>>>
>>> I will think about using <select>s there, maybe then the solution will
>>> still be simple enough and more obvious. Or maybe I should move all
>>> these settings to a new tab, where this behavior would be described?
>>> "disable" text would stay, to alert user that something about this
>>> form is different.
>>>
>>> Added to my todo list, first I will check whether <select>s would be
>>> suitable for the task.
>>>
>> I am beginning to wonder if these options (that can only be disabled):
>> *AllowUserDropDatabase
>> *UseDbSearch
>> *QueryHistoryDB
>> *ShowPhpInfo,
>> *ShowChgPassword

Another example is UseDbSearch; this would be disabled in config.inc.php
because we want to avoid stressing the server, right? So I don't see the
point of permitting a user to disable it for himself. It would mean that
when he disables this in Settings, he's aware of the possible overhead
but if he makes a db Search he's not aware...