[Phpmyadmin-devel] Incorrect number of affected rows displayed after editing a row

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 20:10:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

I got basic inline editing working for fields that are not
transformed/relational/enum fields a while back, by posting the
changes to tbl_replace.php.  This is the same script that is called by
tbl_change.php, the script that is used to edit a row in a table
without the use of JS.  After tbl_replace.php parses the request, it
includes sql.php, which executes the SQL query that actually updates
the table for me during the Ajax request.  However, the message that
is shown at the end of the Ajax request is '0 rows affected (Query
took foo seconds)'.

Clearly, something is not right and the $num_rows variable is not
being correctly populated by PMA_DBI_affected_rows().  I used the
Netbeans debugger to dig around a little, and there is no query other
than the update query being executed before the call to
PMA_DBI_affected_rows().  What could cause this?

This behaviour can be seen in commit c0db21c to my repository.

--
Ninad S. Pundalik