[Phpmyadmin-devel] Top menus redesign

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 22:06:15 CEST 2010

2010/7/22 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Piotr Przybylski a écrit :

>>> As Lori is not working on this, please go on. But I'm curious: do you
>>> intend to make the list of rarely used menus configurable?
>>> Is this only for the server menus?
>>
>> I am not sure about making it configurable, for now I want to make it
>> shorter by using some sane defaults:
>> - server: hide Charsets, Engines, Replication, Synchronize
>> - database: hide Designer and Tracking
>> - table: I don't see anything that could be safely hidden in a
>> submenu, and making a list with only Tracking makes no sense
>>

> Please test your implementation with a custom theme from
> http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/themes.php#pma_3_3 (assuming these
> work for 3.4).

Themes will require an update anyway, I am using custom css to style
menus and forms in user preferences. In this case a comparison between
3.3 and my changed code should suffice - I added a few classes and
modified selectors, but it shows nicely in a diff.

Is it acceptable for the menu to require JavaScript in IE6 and IE7?

--
Piotr Przybylski