[Phpmyadmin-devel] Incorrect number of affected rows displayed after editing a row

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Jul 23 17:19:10 CEST 2010

Marc Delisle a écrit :
> Ninad Pundalik a écrit :
>> Clearly, something is not right and the $num_rows variable is not
>> being correctly populated by PMA_DBI_affected_rows().  I used the
>> Netbeans debugger to dig around a little, and there is no query other
>> than the update query being executed before the call to
>> PMA_DBI_affected_rows().  What could cause this?
>>
>> This behaviour can be seen in commit c0db21c to my repository.
>>

> Problem happens with
> $cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysql';
>
> but does not happen (for me) with
> $cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
>
> Please confirm.

However all is fine on another server with the mysql extension. The
difference is that this other server is not using the mysqlnd extension
(it's running PHP 5.2.13).

My problematic server runs PHP 5.3.2 + mysqlnd. In fact, QA_3_3 also
exhibits this problem on this server, so it's not a problem in master's
or Ninad's tree.

Ninad, which PHP are you using?