[Phpmyadmin-devel] Top menus redesign

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 20:10:37 CEST 2010

2010/7/26 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Michal Čihař a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> Dne Sun, 25 Jul 2010 23:31:12 +0200
>> Piotr Przybylski <piotr.prz at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>>
>>> I pushed menu changes to my fork [1]. My previous approach had some issues:
>>> - couldn't made o sensible list of options to move in db and table menus
>>> - it would look good in lower resolutions (read - netbooks and
>>> laptops, plus older displays), but higher ones could use more space
>>> for tabs
>>>
>>> After giving it some more thought I wrote JavaScript code which
>>> collapses tabs that don't fit into the first line of menu into a
>>> submenu. When window size changes, items are added to it or removed,
>>> depending on current window size.
>>
>> I like this approach, thanks!
>
> I like it too but we have to take care that that the most popular menus
> are on the left side.

Then it should be ok if I move tracking and designer to the right, and
rearrange servers tabs a bit. It also takes care of Drop/Truncate
which, being on the right, are the first tabs to go into submenu
(unless Michal wants them gone to Operations for good, but then the
change should be done in master, not in my fork).

> It even works for RTL languages!

I haven't tested yet for RTL, good to hear it works :)

--
Piotr Przybylski