[Phpmyadmin-devel] Insert ignore - ID: 2924956

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Mar 4 14:43:08 CET 2010

Rohit Kalhans a écrit :
> *Insert ignore - ID: 2924956*
>
>     Can an option be added to the insert page to use "insert ignore"
>     instead of
>     "insert".
>
>     Perhaps the drop-down that has the "Insert a new row" option could also
>     have "Insert ignore a new row".
>

> In  the above citation from the to-do list what does* Insert ignore*
> suppose to do?
> I mean we already have a check-box for ignoring  any unused field  while
> inserting rows.

 From http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/insert.html :

"If you use the IGNORE keyword, errors that occur while executing the
INSERT statement are treated as warnings instead. For example, without
IGNORE, a row that duplicates an existing UNIQUE index or PRIMARY KEY
value in the table causes a duplicate-key error and the statement is
aborted. With IGNORE, the row still is not inserted, but no error is
issued. "